Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Big O

So I've known for a while that my opinion on Obama's policies has a distinct ordering, from best to worst:

1. Domestic Policy
2. Political Policy (aka what to do with the republicans)
3. Financial Policy (aka what to do with the banks)
4. Foreign Policy

Actually 2 & 3 could be swapped, I'm not too sure about those. But 1 & 4 are clear: I'm not at all pleased with the continued drone attacks on Pakistan, the escalation of the war in Afghanistan, or the continued broad support of Israel's occupation of Palestine. But his just announced budget proposal is fantastic. Better healthcare, cuts to the military, increased funds for new energy research (and money to beef up the energy grid, which is a 100% necessary precondition for a lot of new energy types), carbon cap-and-trade initiatives, and increased taxes on the wealthy! I agree with every single one of these things. Of course he could go farther, but even these policies are so far removed from the previous administration's agenda one wonders if it's even the same country we're talking about here. Sometimes I am really happy that man is POTUS.

Also: hi Katy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi! I think you are clever.