Wednesday, July 19, 2006

jah love

matt b - city too hot mix

Just grabbed this beauty of a dub reggae mix off a dissensus thread here. I've re-upped it so as to not steal his downloads, but the track listing is over there. Matt complained from downstairs that it sounds like some sort of "weird tuba music." I suppose an echoed bass-only version of this music might sound a bit odd, but it IS echoed bass music, reggae with the bassline pushed WAY forward. ahh dub *sigh*

Reggae is one of those hugely imposing genres with such a massive back catalogue and history that I've never been able to make a proper inroad into it, merely sniping bits and pieces that randomly cross my path. And I almost universally love all of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can totally see where the tuba comment would come from. that's pretty funny.

good tunes.