Monday, July 10, 2006

The old man the boat.



Rereading that last post, I keep trying to figure out whether my last sentence is one of those garden path sentences, y'know like "The man who hunts ducks out on weekends." It just sounds weird in my head, oh well.

So like I promised (hahahahah TO MYSELF) here's the Acen track that vaguely reminds me of that Kode9 track (btw, I've decided that the vocal snippet is saying "A stone'll be thrown at the state/A stone'll be thrown at the church" agree? Seems like an appropriate activity to be soundtracked by the song. That or throwing out HEADBUTS OF DEATH. Double btw, latest scuttlebut is that Matterazzi called him the Italian version of the N word, and then said he was a "son of a terrorist whore." But it's okay 'cuz Matterazzi's best friend is black...Alright, parentheses OVER). Now what about this Acen track? Dark crazy oldskool hardcore rave from '92, I do believe this actually charted in the UK. Oh those crazy Brits. The part with the James Bond sample comes in about half way through, blows my mind every time. Kode fer sure knows this song, it's extremely famous; I wonder if he was at all consciously thinking of it, or whether I'm just needlessly making connections...

Acen - Trip II the Moon (Part 1)

Yes, I realize it's part 1, not part 2. Minus 10 points of music-geek cred for me.

No comments: