Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Happy Post :)


Alright, happy post to counterbalance the sad post below, let's have some fun links to entertain those who wish to be entertained.

Vice magazine has their latest photo issue out. I have a distinct love-hate relationship with Vice, a lot of their articles are crap, either borderline racist, pseudo-right wing bullshit or juvenile hipsterism, but they also push the boundaries in a lot of the right places, which I appreciate. But, one thing I consistently enjoy is their photo issue, which usually has a lot of very interesting and unusual photos. Usually I don't give two shits about photography, but a lot of these tend to catch my eye. This issue seems a little heavy on the "topless/hot girls doing strange things" variety of pics (thanks guys, we get it), but there are also some definite winners, like the above, plus some much more disturbing/weird ones. Also I should admit that I am embarrassingly totally addicted to their "dos and don'ts" section, snarky commentary and all.


Also, if you really want to waste some good time, I'd go check out Stylus' top 100 music videos of all time, complete with handy youtube links for each one, so you can watch 'em all and compare if you really felt like it, or just randomly pick a couple that sound neat, like I did. I highly recommend any and all the videos directed by Chris Cunningham or Michel Gondry.


Okay, have a good long weekend, I'm off to see my brother get hitched (ack!).

1 comment:

turtles said...

Woah that image is massive! Oh well, i'm too lazy to fix it. Looks better big anyway...