Thursday, January 29, 2009

More notes to self

This thread makes me want to check out SOOO much music.

Also it reminded me, very randomly, about Ware records, and specifically the Markus Guentner and Mathias Schaffhäuser albums on there that from back in the early 00's. I have one or two tracks from them and they're great dubby house music. I didn't even realize Guentner had a second album on there. Crazy. I bet it's ace.

Apparently I've decided to start talking about all the music I want to check out here, rather than the music I have checked out, though (obv) I talk about that too.  The list of music I'd like to hear is long and this is a positive state of affairs.

The other funny thing about that thread is that it actually spans more-or-less the time that I've been listening to dance music. I guess I started more around 99-00, but stuff from 98 was definitely still current. It's weird...I have the Dom & Roland album...and Surgeon! I remember downloading tracks from him, though I never quite got any of his albums. And Consumed! Man I remember playing that to my friends when I first got into electronic music and they were absolutely appalled. Still one of my top 5 albums of all time, easily. Apparently I've been a music nerd for a while now.

I would add:
Lawrence - s/t (I've always loved Lawrence, glad he's more high-profile these days)
Herbert - Second Hand Sounds (the second cd with all his housier parts on it has always been my favorite thing by him)
...and I'm sur there are others.
Get to work dave!

No comments: